This blog is both an attempt on my part to better document all the fun and notable things happening in my life as a composer as well as to share all the insight, lessons, and tricks I've learned along the way. Comments and discussion are always welcome.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Amazing Series for An Amazing Composer

For the two years I've been in Los Angeles I've had the tremendous pleasure of experiencing The Jerry Goldsmith Project, a series of concerts paying tribute to the legendary composer. Hosted by Jon Burlingame (one of my professors from USC) and featuring David Newman with the American Youth Symphony. Today was the last installment in the three year series. Being not overly familiar with Goldsmith's work, I found the concerts both enjoyable and informative. This year I got to attend the pre-concert symposium, which consisted of a panel of Jerry's closest collaborators including his agent Richard Kraft, music editor Kenny Hall, and directors Joe Dante (Gremlins) and David Anspaugh (Rudy). Best part is that all of it is free and I even got to attend a lovely dinner in between. I think my favorite part about this evening is the schmoozing one can do - I saw so many people I knew. Always a good thing.

You can read more about the event in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment