This blog is both an attempt on my part to better document all the fun and notable things happening in my life as a composer as well as to share all the insight, lessons, and tricks I've learned along the way. Comments and discussion are always welcome.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Publicity for Mad Dance

Over the past several months I've undertaken a moderately rigorous internet campaign to promote my piano trio, Mad Dance, to garner more performances. Last week I was delighted to get a response from the manager of the Erato Piano Trio, a group based in the UK, who liked my piece so much that they not only want to perform it, but potentially take it on their tour of the US next summer. Today I had a meeting in Santa Monica with the manager and am feeling very excited for what this connection will bring.

Mad Dance was the first piece I wrote and had performed in graduate school in NYC and remains one of my favorites. Despite my efforts it has only been given two performances since its creation in 2006. I am hoping that between this connection and my continuing efforts that it will finally receive its break.

For those who haven't heard the piece, you can listen below to the fantastic premiere performance by the Second Instrumental Unit.

  Mad Dance by Dave Volpe

No comments:

Post a Comment